Along with our top-quality spirometer range from leading brands, Numed Healthcare also stock a wide variety of spirometer accessories, providing you with a complete solution.
We offer everything from peak flow meters and spirometer bacterial filters right through to adapters, calibration syringes and spirettes for spirometry.
Our spirometry accessories are of the highest quality and compatible with most leading brands of spirometer, including those from Carefusion (Micro Medical) and NDD.
One of our best-selling spirometer accessories is the Pinnacle Peak Flow Meter. This meter is a simple tool to measure how fast someone is able to breathe out and provides the healthcare professional with a patient’s peak flow score. The Pinnacle Peak Flow Meter includes a plastic re-usable mouthpiece and disposable mouthpieces can be purchased separately.
At Numed Healthcare, we aim to simplify your healthcare procedures. Our 3 Litre Calibration Syringe will help to do just that. Designed to ensure your spirometers are functioning correctly, this syringe is one of our top-selling spirometry products. They’re compatible with a wide range of spirometers and make the process as simple as possible for test conductors.
Disposable Bacterial/Viral Filters for Spirometry (50)
- Prevents cross-contamination during lung function tests
- Traps and removes up to 99.9999% of bacteria and viruses
- Box of 50
Now from£49.95 exc VAT
NDD Standard One Piece Spirettes - Wrapped
- With the NDD Easy One Spirometer, Easy On-PC and EasyOne Pro TLCO spirometers
- Pack of 50 or200
Now from£75.00 exc VAT
PeraSafe Instrument Disinfectant Sachets (5)
- Compatible with a wide range of spirometers, including SpiroUSB, SpiroConnect and MicroLoop/MicroLab
- 5 sachets
Now from£12.50 exc VAT
3 Litre Calibration Syringe
- Simplifies spirometry calibration process
- Compatible with all Micro Medical (CareFusion), Vitalograph, Easy On-PC and SpiroConnect spirometers
Now from£199.00 exc VAT
NDD Spirette M Adaptor
- For use with the NDD Easy on-PC (TrueFlow) Spirometer
- Enables the use of standard One Way Mouthpieces or Bacterial Filters
Now from£9.95 exc VAT
At Numed, it is our priority to provide the best aftercare and support to our customers as possible. We offer a series of SpiroConnect video guides here to help with all your spirometry queries.
We’ve also answered more specific peak flow FAQs below.
What is a normal Peak Flow reading?
Peak flow normal values are different for everyone and depend on gender, age and height. They can also be affected by the time of day. According to the Royal College of Nursing, an adult’s reading should be between 400 and 700 litres per minute, with men’s readings generally higher.
What can a Peak Flow reading indicate?
Generally, peak flow readings are taken for people with asthma. A peak flow recording can show the following:
- Triggers causing the asthma to be worse.
- The difference asthma medicines are making to airways.
- Warning signs that airways are struggling. If spotted early, action can be taken and an asthma attack can be prevented.
- A picture of the situation after an asthma attack.