3 Litre Calibration Syringe
Product Code: B100332
The 3 Litre Calibration Syringe allows you to verify the calibration of your spirometers in line with current guidelines, to ensure that they are functioning correctly.
Turbine spirometers, such as SpiroConnect exhibit exceptional stability and remain unaffected by changes in ambient temperature, altitude, humidity and indeed moisture in the patient's breath. As a result the calibration of turbine spirometers is unlikely to change. However, to strictly conform to the ERS (European Respiratory Society) guidelines for spirometry measurement, the recommendation is that a volume accuracy check is performed on a daily basis using a 3 litre calibration syringe.
The Association for Respiratory Technology and Physiology (ARTP) also recommends that calibration of spirometry test equipment should be performed prior to each clinic/session or after every 10th patient, whichever comes first. This should be performed using a 3 litre calibration syringe.
To find out more about calibrating your spirometer, please view our guide on how to calibrate your spirometer.
- Carefusion (Micro Medical) spirometers
- Vitalograph spirometers
- MIR spirometers
- NDD Easy On-PC spirometer (Adapter Kit required)
The following are the recommended guidelines when performing a volume verification for flow measuring devices such as Micro Medical Spirometers ATS/ERS 2005(I):
- A volume accuracy check should be performed daily
- A 3 litre calibration syringe should be used
- This calibration syringe should have an accuracy of ±0.5% (15 mL for a 3 litre syringe)
- The syringe should be discharged through the device at least three times to give a range of flows varying between 0.5 and 12 litres/second (with 3 litre injection times of approximately 6s for the lower flow limit and less than 0.5s for the upper flow limit)
- The volume at each flow should meet the accuracy requirement of ±3.5%