3 Litre Calibration Syringe
The 3 Litre Calibration Syringe is designed to simplify the process of spirometry calibration and ensure that your spirometer devices are functioning correctly. The 3L syringe holds exactly 3 litres of air which can then be passed through a spirometer in line with its maintenance guidelines when required.
The accuracy of our spirometers are unaffected by changes in environmental conditions such as temperature, air pressure and humidity. They are also unaffected by moisture build up from the patient’s breath during repeated blows.
For these reasons they do not drift from their factory settings and do not require routine calibration adjustment. However, the calibration of the spirometer can be quickly verified as and when required by using the 3 Litre Calibration Syringe.
- Micro Medical (CareFusion) Spirometers
- SpiroConnect Spirometer
- Vitalograph Spirometers
- Easy On-PC Spirometer (Adapter Kit required)
- EasyOne Spirometer (Adapter Kit required)
The following are the recommended guidelines when performing a volume verification for flow measuring devices such as Micro Medical Spirometers ATS/ERS 2005(I):
- A volume accuracy check should be performed daily
- A 3 litre calibration syringe should be used
- This calibration syringe should have an accuracy of ±0.5% (15 mL for a 3 litre syringe)
- The syringe should be discharged through the device at least three times to give a range of flows varying between 0.5 and 12 litres/second (with 3 litre injection times of approximately 6s for the lower flow limit and less than 0.5s for the upper flow limit)
- The volume at each flow should meet the accuracy requirement of ±3.5%