3 Litre Calibration Syringe
Product Code: B100332
The 3 Litre Calibration Syringe is designed to simplify the process of spirometry calibration and ensure that your spirometer devices are functioning correctly. The 3L syringe holds exactly 3 litres of air which can then be passed through a spirometer in line with its maintenance guidelines when required.
Many modern spirometers, such as the SpiroConnect Spirometer, are extremely accurate and only require calibration if damaged. However, local guidelines may require that calibration is performed periodically. The Association for Respiratory Technology and Physiology (ARTP) also recommends that calibration of spirometry test equipment should be performed prior to each clinic/session or after every 10th patient, whichever comes first. This should be performed using a 3 litre calibration syringe.
To find out more about calibrating your spirometer, please view our guide on how to calibrate your spirometer.
- Micro Medical (CareFusion) Spirometers
- SpiroConnect Spirometer
- Vitalograph Spirometers
- Easy On-PC Spirometer (Adapter Kit required)
- EasyOne Spirometer (Adapter Kit required)
The following are the recommended guidelines when performing a volume verification for flow measuring devices such as Micro Medical Spirometers ATS/ERS 2005(I):
- A volume accuracy check should be performed daily
- A 3 litre calibration syringe should be used
- This calibration syringe should have an accuracy of ±0.5% (15 mL for a 3 litre syringe)
- The syringe should be discharged through the device at least three times to give a range of flows varying between 0.5 and 12 litres/second (with 3 litre injection times of approximately 6s for the lower flow limit and less than 0.5s for the upper flow limit)
- The volume at each flow should meet the accuracy requirement of ±3.5%