Community Pharmacy ABPM solutions for the new hypertension service
The NHS Community Pharmacy Hypertension Case-Finding Advanced Service was announced in August 2021 and was scheduled to start in October 2021. The objectives of the new service are to:
- identify people aged 40 years or older with high blood pressure and refer them to general practice.
- undertake clinic and ambulatory blood pressure checks when necessary.
- promote healthy behaviours to those people who use the service.
Patients with undiagnosed hypertension will have their blood pressure checked at the pharmacy, also referred to as a ‘clinic check', and then, where appropriate, will be offered ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM).
Providing Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM) at your pharmacy
To provide the new service, pharmacies will need to acquire new ABPMs for use by their pharmacy team. This is likely to be the first time pharmacies have purchased this type of device and ensuring they get the correct solution that meets their needs will be essential.
Numed Healthcare have been supplying ABPM and blood pressure solutions for the past 20 years and we fully understand how to meet the requirements of our customers. To make it simpler for pharmacies looking for new equipment, Numed have ensured that the ABPM solutions we offer, fully meet the requirements of the new service. We provide the full package for community pharmacies and our ABPM solutions offer the following features and benefits:
- Very easy to use and extremely comfortable and quiet when in operation.
- Compatible with pharmacy PMR systems and hardware - connecting easily via USB port. PC software for patient set-up and test interpretation is also included.
- Validated by the British and Irish Hypertension Society (BIHS), achieving the highest A/A grade for accuracy. They also conform to all applicable NICE Guidelines.
- Our comprehensive MediServe support packages provide full maintenance for your ABPM device, including:
- annual service and calibration to manufacturer’s specification
- full parts and labour cover
- loan equipment whilst your device is being serviced or repaired
- Quick and simple infection control procedures in-line with current guidance, with robust and easy to disinfect cuffs.
- Installation and training of your new equipment is also available. This ensures that your ABPM monitor is installed and configured correctly, and that you are completely confident in its use.
- Low ongoing running costs, including low-cost cuffs and other accessories.
- Atrial Fibrillation detection also available for those pharmacies who require it
All-inclusive outright purchase or rental options available
Both the Mobil-O-Graph ABPM and Microlife Watch BP 03 are available to purchase outright either online, or by speaking to a member of our team. Bulk purchase savings are also available, please contact us for more information.
You can find out more about the ABPM solutions available from Numed by clicking the links below, or by contacting a member of our team on 0114 2433896, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.